Monday, June 6, 2011

Twilight Zone...

I just got back to WIC today after being gone for 2 1/2 weeks for my wedding and honeymoon. I feel like I was gone for a YEAR! I came back and 6 people no longer work here, I am being moved to a different clinic, we may be closing another clinic, and apparently USDA changed the food pyramid...AGAIN!

I'm including the links to the new Healthy Plate, but honestly, the pyramid was dumb...and this isn't much better. And WHY does dairy get it's own spot?? blah.

Healthy Plate Article

Official USDA ChooseMyPlate.gov


Our funding has been cut drastically, partly due to new govenor Rick Scott (thanks a lot)! and partly due to federal funding cuts.

I'm not sure, but I think I must have jumped in the hot tub time machine on the cruise ship! Maybe I should just go back and things will be normal when I return! ;) Probably...right?

No comments:

Post a Comment