Friday, June 17, 2011

You've Seen Wall-e! Lets Just Drink All Our Food!

A fellow nutritionist of mine in another county told me today about a client she had.

"Just had a client inform me that water is bad for your body and Gatorade is much healthier!"

What do you even say to that??? I feel like I am constantly trying to explain to parents that sports drinks, like Gatorade, are made for extreme athletes; and while you may think your boy is extremely active...he is not in the NFL... he is FIVE.  


                         Step Away From the Sports Drinks




That being said, I had a client the other day tell me she was giving her child, who mind you was at the 98% on the growth chart for BMI/age, Pediasure 3 times a day! WHAT??? When I asked why, she said she saw it on tv (I'm sure you've seen their commercials...) and she "thought it would be good because it has vitamins." Oh man. 


You may not believe it....but FOOD has vitamins too! I know, crazy concept ;) Try it!

No comments:

Post a Comment