Tuesday, August 24, 2010

A Glimpse of Hope

Ok, so someone pointed out to me that my blog is called, "the good, the bad...." and I havn't told any "good" stories. So here ya go...

I saw a mom today with her 4 day old premie. She was giving formula and had not tried to breastfeed at all. When I dug a little more, I found out that she really WANTED to breastfeed, she just had no one to help her! I had her go meet with one of our breastfeeding counselors, and an hour later, she had breastfed her baby, on both sides, and now wants to continute breastfeeding instead of formula! Moments like these are what make my days worth while.

Congratulations to all the moms that choose to give their babies the gift of breastfeeding :)

breastfeeding.com

what the CDC has to say

2 comments:

  1. Glad you finally found someone willing to learn! This stuff is hilarious.
    And so, so sad.

    ReplyDelete
  2. you should definitely write a public service announcement for breastfeeding! amazing how many misinformed people there are...

    ReplyDelete