Monday, August 23, 2010

Stop Beating Your Children...In Public

For some reason, parents think it's a great idea to stand right outside my office door and either threaten to hit their child in the face with their shoe, or give them something to cry about... as if the 4 shots they just got weren't enough.

Today I heard a man yelling at what looked to be a 3 year old little boy. He said, "I don't care WHERE we are! Your about to get a WHOOPIN!" At this point I cracked my door and peaked out. After a few seconds passed the dad finally hit the child. I stepped out and told him, "Sir, you can not hit your children while you are in the Health Department." He told me, "I didn't hit him." I responded, "Sir, I just saw you." His response? "I didn't hit him, I thumped him."

Oh, you thumped him? Well in that case, I apologize...

1 comment:

  1. surprised you didn't give him a thumpin'!

    ReplyDelete