Monday, January 16, 2012

Paleo Day 15: Final Week of The Challenge!

I'm sitting on my back porch having breakfast right now watching my puppy run around and play. It's been beautiful the past few days and I've been making an effort to spend a lot more time outside.

I've mostly been playing with this one. :)

Ok, food!
Breakfast: 2 eggs with 1/4 cup cheddar cheese, 2 1/2 slices bacon & half a grapefruit. 
I never used to eat grapefruit that often but I really love it now.

Lunch: handful of arugula, 3 baby carrots, 1/4 cup walnuts, 1 hard boiled egg,  & homemade dressing (1/2 tbsp olive oil, 1/2 tbsp sesame oil, 1 tbsp white wine vinegar, 1/2 tbsp honey.)

Dinner: leftover homemade tikka masala (you can find the recipe here), and about 8 oz red wine.
I had 3 or 4 squares of dark organic 85% cocoa chocolate. It seems like I'm eating this most everyday but that's ok with me. I've been eating from this 1 bar for a week now and I've still got about a third of it left!

Day 15 Nutrition Facts:
Fat: 98.2 grams 64%
Carbs: 55.7 grams 16%
Protein: 68.4 grams 20%

And I've got to say, that tikka masala is so amazing that we decided we have to make more of it. I already went to the grocery store this morning to get the ingredients :)

Now I'm just waiting on my hubby to get up so we can go play outside!!

No comments:

Post a Comment