Monday, January 23, 2012

Comfort Food & The Opera

We had a friend over this weekend so I made him and my husband their bacon and egg biscuits and grapefruit and I made me this delicious breakfast: I'm becoming obsessed with avocado. Actually...let's be honest, I'm becoming obsessed with every food in that bowl...

Breakfast: 2 eggs over easy, 2 slices bacon & half an avocado. 
I got to go watch Matt play in the Opera Madama Butterfly today! It was amazing!

Madama Butterfly waiting on Mr. Pinkerton to come home after 3 years.
 I thought I might get a little hungry at the opera so I brought a snack.

Snack: macadamia nuts & there were some walnuts in there but I hate them first. 

Dinner: mmmmmm! leftover tikka masala & Navrathan Korma
Everything I ate today feels like comfort food to me and it was HEALTHY!! That's a great feeling. What's your favorite comfort food?

6 comments:

  1. I have been eating a lot of avocado, also. Today is day 6 for low carb/paleo. As you know I am doing a combined. definitely not eating sugar, white flour, wheat, any bread, ect... and taking my B complex vit every day. amazing energy. It's crazy. Oh, and tons of water.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Yay week 1 almost done! I know what you mean. I have more energy now than I have in a long time. Wish you could have come to the opera.

      Delete
  2. I love avocado too! I add condense milk to it when I want to eat it sweet and it's so good. My comfort food is pizza or mac and cheese. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I have never added anything to an avocado! I saw Amber @ Primal Pastures added coconut cream and cinnamon to hers. I must have been living under a rock! And I definitely feel you on the pizza thing. I have a paleo pizza recipe that uses coconut flower that I have been dying to try. Soon!

      Delete
  3. it's got to be warm, asian soup! i always order pho w/out the noodles: spicy broth, stewed veggies, and lean meat! win!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I actually had pho for the first time last year when I got sick. The stuff is amazing,

      Delete